The Office of Purchasing Services guides and supports the University’s ongoing commitment to encourage business opportunities and diversity among its suppliers by promoting minority and local business development as a shared responsibility throughout the University. Through this effort, we open doors in University departments and increase awareness of minority and local suppliers. We work to create opportunities for local, minority, women, veteran, and LGBTQ-owned business through goods and services we purchase.
The goal of the Program is to provide a resource that will assist the University community in locating and establishing relationships with small and disadvantaged and local businesses and to assure compliance with applicable state and federal regulations for sponsored fund reporting.
Mission, Vision, and Strategies
Strategically deploy the University’s purchasing power to maximize opportunities for small, local, and diverse businesses and to positively drive Syracuse University’s economic impact.
Create a successful program which incorporates the following key elements:
- Support and review from university senior leadership
- Ensure goals and objectives are tied to the University’s mission
- Focus program resources on continuous improvement of the program
- Garner participation from the campus community
- Monitoring of goals and accomplishments
- Educate suppliers regarding how to conduct business with the University
- Give reasonable business opportunity to minority-owned; women-owned; small disadvantaged; HUBZone; veteran-owned; and service-disabled, veteran-owned and local businesses
- Encourage purchases of goods and services from such concerns to the fullest extent possible, consistent with this policy and the efficient performance of operations